Dual Enrollment at LANIER COLLEGE & CAREER ACADEMY is offered in conjunction with Lanier Technical College to offer technical certificates of credit that meet the workforce needs of Northeast Georgia. Students have the opportunity to simultaneously earn college credit that will satisfy high school graduation requirements while learning career ready skills. These technical certificates earned on the LCCA campus can lead to a further diploma or degree.
Transportation to and from the LCCA campus is provided by the home high school during the regular school day. Students may also elect to provide their own transportation. All classes are offered in accordance with the Hall County calendar.
Technical College Certificate Programs Offered:
*Approved LT campus: in progress for approval at Hall County Campus.
Entrance Testing Requirements for Lanier Technical College:
- Accept SAT, ACT, Milestone ELA and ACCUPLACER scores (see below)
- PSAT Scores taken on the new version (post March 2016)
- HOPE GPA of 2.6 or higher, for 11th and 12th Graders will enter at Degree Level
- Entry Level Workforce Certificate – Admissions requirement of a 2.0 minimum High School GPA (Basic Shielded Metal Arc Welder, and Food Production Worker I)
NOTE: To continue to Diploma or Degree Level student would need to meet one of the requirements above.
- Diploma & Most Certificates: (Esthetician, Event Coordinator, Gas Metal Arc Welder, Industrial Electrician, and Prep Cook) can enter with ACT, SAT, PSAT or HOPE GPA of 2.6 as qualifying scores.